Salmon Skewers with a Tropical Glaze
by The Chilli Guru on Aug 27, 2022
When Chloe (one of our staff) told us she'd found the perfect use for our Tropical Jam, it was just too good not to share.
She discovered that our Tropical Jam paired perfectly with grilled salmon but subsequently tried it with many different types of fish, including an East African favourite - tilapia.
She recommends glazing your salmon before, midway, and after cooking for the best results.
To achieve the dish photographed:
- Cut your raw salmon into large cube pieces.
- Slice a lemon or orange and alternate on a skewer with cubes of fish.
- Glaze using as a basting brush (mix the tropical jam with a bit of lemon juice to help it spread).
- Grill skewers (preferably on your barbecue). Cook through before serving (or if you've got a thermometer 65deg C core temperature).
- Whilst grilling, occasionally baste with the Tropical Jam glaze (If possible, without removing from heat)
- To garnish, sprinkle with a few sea salt flakes, chopped spring onion shoots (or chives), and pomegranate seeds for the authentic tropical experience.
- Serve with lemon to drizzle over.